Stylish Multicultural Look with Authentic Ethnic Twist - 100% Handmade Pendant Necklace Miao Hmong 925 Tribal Silver Collection
~ Featuring ~
* BEAUTIFULLY HANDCRAFTED: Handmade piece by piece, no factory mass production - 100% artistically crafted by highly skilled Miao Hmong silver artisans from the hill tribes in Northern Thailand *
* MATERIAL: 925 SILVER, OXIDIZED FOR VINTAGE EFFECT. Top quality silver. *
* ETHICALLY SOURCED: Partnering with and directly sourcing from artisans of ethnic tribes from Northern Thailand. A unique chance to help our social mission to improve the livelihood of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage! *
* INVALUABLE CRAFTSMANSHIP AND CULTURAL HERITAGE: Meticulously created following Miao Hmong tradition – Authentic array of human creativity and unrepeatable craftsmanship enlisted in China as National Intangible Heritage since 2006 *
* ELEGANT FASHION TOUCH WITH INTERNATIONAL TRIBAL VIBES: Delicate engraved design with natural and totemic patterns of ethnic ancestral symbolic tradition with antique finish –A real piece of tribal art for classy global ethnic chic looks *
This stunning necklace adorns your multi-cultural look with original tribal charm. Originally crafted from oxidised silver for a retro effect by inspired Miao Hmong silversmiths in the Thailand Hills, this unique beaded necklace is embellished with exquisite elegantly displaying butterflies, leaves and flowers alongside abstracted geometries. Can go solo on a deep V-necked colourful patterned dress to illuminate your neckline while upgrading your international tribal chic look.
Miao Hmong Silver Crafting: An Intangible Cultural Heritage
Miao Hmong people living in Southwest China, Northern Thailand, Vietnam and Laos are known worldwide for their valuable silver crafting skills. Miao Hmong silversmithing is a long-established male tradition worldly renowned for its strong cultural connotation and artistic value, featuring both a high level of creativity and technical sophistication. In China, Miao silver crafting was enlisted in national cultural heritage in 2006.
Watch the following video to discover how Miao people use silver in daily attire:
925 Silver Jewelry With Oxidized Effect
Each unique piece is crafted from 925 silver by exceptional Miao Hmong artisans using a traditional, time-consuming process. Silver is first melted in a charcoal furnace and once solidified, hammered to a thin bar. The design is engraved in silver with accurate chisel strokes. Usually silversmiths employ more than one chisel to engrave different lines and shapes, using the cutting edges of the tool as a sort of stamp, to creatively carve the desired pattern. Finally, to further emphasise the intricacy of the design the jewel is antiqued using chemical (sulphur liver) or natural (egg yolk) oxidants which give a vintage look.
Check this video out if you want to know more about Miao silversmithing:
Item #: MI925CYXL102
Measurements: 30 inches; Weight: 48.5 g
Material: 925 silver, oxidized for a vintage effect.
Care instructions: Polish delicately with a silver cleaning cloth to remove stains. Store in a box when not used.
Help us to Help!
With this purchase you contribute to our great cause! Interact China is a social enterprise committed to improve the livelihood of marginalized ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage by promoting their products worldwide. We travel around China and Southeast Asia to work directly with the local artisans and bring their beautiful handicrafts directly at your door. Thank you for supporting us!