Professionally Tuned, 100% Hand Carved Chinese Hulusi Woodwind Flute
~ Featuring ~
* Original Yunnan Black Bamboo; Hand Carved Natural Gourd *
* Professional Grade with Two Tuned Drones; Switches for Turning Drones On / Off, with Optional Sophisticated Switches for an Upgraded Version *
* Securely Fixed with Quality Brass, with Optional Copper and Nickel Alloy for an Upgraded Version; Imitation Ox Horn Mouth Piece *
* Detachable Gourd, Pipe, and Drones for Easy Cleaning and Reed Adjustment *
* Available Keys: Bb, D Minor, F Minor, A, G, F, D Major, Eb, Bb Major, and C Major *
* Quality velvet-lined hard case with shoulder strap; Ornamental Chinese Knot *
* Authentic Original Yunnan Tone, Professional Tuning, 100% Handmade *
Authentic Original Yunnan Tone - Natural Yunnan Gourd; Black Bamboo Pipes
Hand Carved Natural Gourd
Professional Grade with Two Tuned Drones
Switch for Turning Drones On / Off Easily
Optional Sophisticated Switches for an Upgraded Version
Securely Fixed with Brass Fittings for Excellent Tone
Optional Copper and Nickel Alloy for an Upgraded Version
Imitation Ox Horn Mouth Piece
Detachable Gourd, Pipe and Drones for Cleaning and Reed Adjustment
Quality Velvet-Lined Hard Case with Shoulder Strap
Please note: our hulusi use natural Yunnan rosewood, ebony, sandalwood, bamboo, and gourds (depending on the model chosen) as materials. You can expect an excellent sound quality and original Yunnan tone, with a very slight variation in appearance and artwork due to the hulusi's natural and handmade nature.
Original Yunnan Ethnic Dai Tribe Hulusi Gourd Flute
The hulusi or cucurbit flute is a free reed wind instrument from China. It is held vertically and has three pipes which pass through a gourd wind chest.
The hulusi originated in the ethnic Dai Tribe of Southwest China and can be dated back to the Qin and Han Dynasties (221 BC to 220 AD). The sound of the original Yunnan Dai Tribe hulusi is hauntingly beautiful, fairly soft, and has a very pure, clarinet-like sound. Dai Tribe men would play it to express their love to women, and other ethnic minorities often played the hulusi in the fields when taking a break from planting or harvesting.
Although the hulusi is still predominantly performed in China, it has in recent years been adopted by European composers and performers. Rohan Leach from England, Rapheal De Cock from Belgium and Herman Witkam from the Netherlands have all taken the instrument in new directions.
Wind Chest: Natural Yunnan Gourd
Flute Pipes: Black Bamboo
Completely Brand New; Tuned, Tested, All Set - Ready to Play.
Performance - Ideal for beginners / regular players
Professional tuning included, right key and tone guaranteed.
Plus a free Learning Guide in English & Maintenance Tips + Fingering Chart to get you ready to play in 30 minutes!
~ Have Our Experienced Crafter Engrave Someone's Name, a Phrase, or Even a Dragon ~
optional choice for US$ 15; simply let us know when ordering
* THIS IS AN ORIGINAL YUNNAN HULUSI, NOT A REPRODUCTION *