~ Featuring ~
* Choice of Ebony or Sandalwood Pipes; Premium Quality for the Best Performance *
* Authentic Original Yunnan Tone, Professional Tuning, 100% Handmade *
* Detachable Pipe for Easy Cleaning and Reed Adjustment *
* Available Keys: G, F, C, D Minor, F Minor, Bb, A, D Major, Eb, Bb Major, C Major *
* Quality velvet-lined hard case with shoulder strap; Ornamental Chinese Knot *
The Bawu is a transverse blown, free reed pipe originating from the ethnic Dai tribe of Southwest China. It is traditionally played by ethnic minority groups in the region, but now its influence has spread across China and its evocative sound is associated widely with Chinese culture.
The Bawu resembles a transverse flute in construction, except for the insertion of a small reed into the blow-hole. The player needs to cover the reed entirely with their mouth and apply substantial air pressure to maintain the vibration of the reed. It has a pure, clarinet-like timbre and is quite a haunting instrument when played.
In recent years, the rich, mellow tone of the Bawu has become a favorite with composers of film soundtracks (heavily featured in the film ¡°Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon¡±, an Oscar Winner for Best Music, Original Score, 2000). Meanwhile, the development of advanced Bawu models, such as the dual pipe Bawu and vertical Bawu, has expanded its range and added variety to the Bawu, taking this traditional instrument to new heights.
Flute Pipes: Sandalwood, Premium Quality
Our default keys are G and F.
Keys in D Minor, F Minor, A, Bb, C add US$ 15
Keys in D Major, Eb, Bb Major and C Major add US$ 30
It requires 10 - 15 days for custom tuning.
Completely Brand New; Tuned, Tested, All Set - Ready to Play.
Performance - Ideal for regular players / professional musicians
Professional tuning included, right key and tone guaranteed.
â? Plus a free Learning Guide in English & Maintenance Tips + Fingering Chart to get you ready to play in 30 minutes! â?
* THIS IS AN ORIGINAL YUNNAN BAWU, NOT A REPRODUCTION *