Stunning Ethnic Aesthetic Pattern - 100% Handmade Dai Tapestry in Cotton
~ Featuring ~
* AUTHENTIC HANDMADE PRODUCT, NEVER FACTORY PRODUCED: 100% handmade by gifted Dai peoples from Yunnan province, southwest China, combining traditional methods and artistic designs - a genuine cultural gem! *
* TIGHTLY HANDWOVEN COTTON: Top quality natural cotton celebrates expressive tribal chic - natural and organic living *
* PERFECT FIT FOR LIVING ROOMS AND BEDROOMS: Measurements 72.8 x 38.2 inch *
* ETHICALLY SOURCED: We directly source all our products from genuine ethnic minority groups. A unique chance to help our social mission to improve the livelihood of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserve their cultural heritage! *
* BRINGS UNIQUE CHARACTER AND CHARM TO YOUR LIVING SPACE: Radiant color scheme with eye-catching abstracted motifs and diamonds for connoisseurs of tribal aesthetic around the world! *
Each wonderfully handcrafted tapestry possesses an exquisitely intricate geometric design of abstracted naturalistic shapes in authentic Dai traditional ethnic style. Dazzling color schemes stand out boldly from the white background, bringing an eye-catching and genuine artistic statement to your homestead! Tightly woven cotton ensures a delicate attention to detail and a quality product made to last. Would be beautifully complemented by potted plants in a light and airy room to emphasise the naturalistic charm of the design. Can be paired with other handcrafted wooden products to produce a cohesive ethnic design scheme.
About Dai Brocade
The Dai peoples originate from the extreme south of Yunnan province in the southwest of China. The production of Dai brocade is an extremely ancient handicraft, with the first reference to the craft appearing in the Han dynasty (206 BC-220 AD). By the Tang (618-907) and Song dynasties (960-1279) Dai brocade became a popular gift from local officials to royal administration during annual tours of the countryside, and became renowned across China for its exquisite weaving, elegant patterns and bright colors.
Each piece of brocade is said to carry the history and memory of the Dai peoples, and as such features prominently in religious rites and decoration. The Dai artists mainly utilise naturalistic patterns and designs on their brocade, such as dragons, kirin, phoenix and lotus flowers; these often have hidden meanings, such as auspiciousness and bountiful harvests. A white background is often used to set off single independent patterns or repeated continuous patterns. Young girls in Dai communities learn the art of brocade at the age of twelve from their mothers, who in turn learned from their mothers and their mothers in turn. This long heritage ensures each piece is characterful and exquisitely produced.
Material: 100% Cotton
Measurement: 72.8 x 38.2 inch
* MACHINE WASHABLE: Cold water and a gentle setting recommended *
Help us to Help!
With this purchase you are contributing to our great cause! Interact China is a social enterprise committed to the mission of improving the quality of life of marginalised ethnic minorities and preserving their cultural heritage by promoting their products worldwide. We travel around China and Southeast Asia to work directly with the local artisans and bring their beautiful handicrafts directly at your door. A big thank you for supporting us!